Rates Remissions and Postponements
You may be eligible for help with your rates.
Both Ōpōtiki District Council and Bay of Plenty Regional Council apply policy on rates remission and postponement.
Full details of our Council's policies on rates remissions can be found on the Policies page of this website.
You can use our online Rates Remission form to start an application process for remission of rates under any of our remission policies or registers.
To apply for remission of water consumption use our online Water Consumption Remission Application form
Or, if you prefer, PDF copies are available for download.
- Application to be entered into the Community Sporting and Other Organisations Register (PDF, 276.2KB)
- Application to be entered into the Maori Economic Adjustment Remission Register (PDF, 312.8KB)
- Application to be entered into the Maori Land General Remission Register (PDF, 194.9KB)
- Application to be entered into Uniform Charges on Rating Units Owned by the Same Owner Register (PDF, 311KB)
- Postponement of Rates in Cases of Extreme Financial Hardship (PDF, 312KB)
- Rating Unit Affected by Calamity Register (PDF, 315.3KB)
You can read more about Bay of Plenty Regional Council Rates Remission policies on their website.