Building consents, issued under provisions of the Building Act, are needed for most building work. If you are new to the whole process you might want to check out the MBIE guidance and supporting information which will help you understand the building consent process.They have also put out this great one page step by step guide PDF with an overview of the whole process from start to finish.
If you're taking on any building, project or activity that may need a consent or licence from Council please check with us before beginning. The cost of getting a consent or licence before work starts is often far less expensive than if you have to correct any work to comply with legislation.
Applying for a Building Consent
- Applying for a Building Consent step by step
- BCA Complaint Policy and Process
- Building Consent Application Forms
- Building Fees and Charges
- Building Frequently Asked Questions
- Construction of a Building on Land Subject to Natural Hazards
- Documentation Required
- Processing Your Application
- Safe Drinking Water
Inspections and Approvals
Other Building Projects