What is the District Plan?
Every council must have a district plan under the Resource Management Act 1991 (RMA). The District Plan controls the way we use, subdivide and develop land in the district. It identifies where activities can take place, what land can be developed and what features should be protected.
How to use this plan
Chapter 01 - Introduction includes a guide on how to use the plan and determine if a resource consent is required. Staff can also provide advice on the matter. Details on how to contact them is at the bottom of this page.
Table of contents
- Chapter 01 - Introduction (PDF, 1MB)
- Chapter 02 - Residential Zone (PDF, 1.3MB)
- Chapter 03 - Town Centre Zone (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Chapter 04 - Mixed Activity Zone (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Chapter 05 - Marine Services Zone (PDF, 1.4MB)
- Chapter 06 - Industrial Zone (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Chapter 07 - Harbour Industrial Zone (PDF, 999.4KB)
- Chapter 08 - Rural Zone (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Chapter 09 - Coastal Zone (PDF, 899.9KB)
- Chapter 10 - Coastal Settlement Zone (PDF, 1MB)
- Chapter 11 - Ohiwa Harbour Zone (PDF, 842.3KB)
- Chapter 12 - Surface of the Water (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Chapter 13 - Earthworks Landscapes Indigenous Vegetation and Habitats (PDF, 1.4MB)
- Chapter 14 - Heritage (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Chapter 15 - Subdivision (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Chapter 16 - Financial Contributions (PDF, 867.2KB)
- Chapter 17 - Infrastructure and Network Services (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Chapter 18 - Natural Hazards (PDF, 894.6KB)
- Chapter 19 - Coastal Environment Overlay (PDF, 806.7KB)
- Chapter 20 - Definitions (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Chapter 21 - Appendices (PDF, 1.8MB)
The Opotiki District Plan Built Form, Natural Form and Land Use Capability maps can be accessed through the Bay of Plenty Regional Council’s map viewer Bay Explorer.
To access them expand the “Plans” layer and select “Opotiki District Plan” in Bay Explorer. You can read further instructions on using the map viewer here PDF.
Please note that the Heritage Items and Waahi Tapu Sites and Areas listed in Appendices 14.10.1 and 14.10.2 of the Opotiki District Plan are mapped in Bay Explorer but they are not currently shown on the PDF versions of the planning maps below.
Built Form Maps
- Built Form 01 (PDF, 766.2KB)
- Built Form 02 (PDF, 498.4KB)
- Built Form 03 (PDF, 678.7KB)
- Built Form 04 (PDF, 533.8KB)
- Built Form 04a (PDF, 1MB)
- Built Form 04b (PDF, 450.2KB)
- Built Form 04c (PDF, 841.8KB)
- Built Form 05 (PDF, 452.5KB)
- Built Form 05a (PDF, 509.2KB)
- Built Form 05b (PDF, 733.5KB)
- Built Form 05c (PDF, 920.4KB)
- Built Form 05d (PDF, 810.6KB)
- Built Form 05e (PDF, 722.8KB)
- Built Form 06 (PDF, 329.7KB)
- Built Form 07 (PDF, 308.3KB)
- Built Form 08 (PDF, 319.2KB)
- Built Form 08a (PDF, 332.7KB)
- Built Form 09 (PDF, 275.9KB)
- Built Form 09a (PDF, 934.1KB)
- Built Form 10 (PDF, 337.4KB)
- Built Form 10a (PDF, 585.2KB)
- Built Form 11 (PDF, 361KB)
- Built Form 11a (PDF, 663.1KB)
Natural Form Maps
- Natural Form 01 (PDF, 933.8KB)
- Natural Form 02 (PDF, 744.9KB)
- Natural Form 03 (PDF, 976.6KB)
- Natural Form 04 (PDF, 981KB)
- Natural Form 04a (PDF, 825.5KB)
- Natural Form 04b (PDF, 889.6KB)
- Natural Form 04c (PDF, 812.9KB)
- Natural Form 05 (PDF, 890.2KB)
- Natural Form 05a (PDF, 891.6KB)
- Natural Form 05b (PDF, 780.9KB)
- Natural Form 05c (PDF, 867.3KB)
- Natural Form 05d (PDF, 806.6KB)
- Natural Form 05e (PDF, 798.9KB)
- Natural Form 06 (PDF, 725.8KB)
- Natural Form 07 (PDF, 747.4KB)
- Natural Form 08 (PDF, 779.3KB)
- Natural Form 08a (PDF, 876.1KB)
- Natural Form 09 (PDF, 731.7KB)
- Natural Form 09a (PDF, 782KB)
- Natural Form 10 (PDF, 836KB)
- Natural Form 10a (PDF, 756.2KB)
- Natural Form 11 (PDF, 766.5KB)
- Natural Form 11a (PDF, 731.1KB)
If you have questions about the District Plan you can contact our planning and resource consents team in the following ways:
By phone or email or in person
If you would like a member of the team to call or email you to discuss your enquiry or make an appointment to meet with you, phone us on (07) 315 3030 to lodge a call, email or appointment request or click here to use our easy online request a call, email or appointment online form.
How long will it take us to respond?
We have set a service standard of 5 days in which to call or email you back to either discuss your enquiry or set an appointment date and time. And we have a service standard of 10 working days to have the appointment with you.
If your request is urgent please note this on the form and we will do our best to respond as quickly as we can - we are a small team though and this is not always possible. Any change to our service timeframes is at the discretion of the Planning and Regulatory Manager.