Local Jobs, Training and Support
Tēnā koutou! See below for current local vacancies, training, and support.
ODC's Workforce Team compile information about current vacancies, workforce focussed training being offered locally, and places to go for help and support. Fortnightly emails alert stakeholders when the information’s been updated online on the Ōpōtiki District Council website.
If you would like an email alerting you of these updates fortnightly , email email@example.com with the subject line ‘Subscribe’.
If you have a vacancy you would like to advertise on this webpage , email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Position title and relevant details (e.g. necessary or preferred prerequisites/qualifications)
- Start date (if applicable), application closing date (if applicable), and whether full time, part time, fixed, etc.
- Contact name and number and/or email for people who are interested
- If you have a website where the job is listed, we can link to that - or similarly if it's on Trade Me or SEEK
Kia ora and welcome to this updated listing on 14 September 2023
ŌPŌTIKI TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
|COURSE||DATE||COST per person (GST excl)||REGISTRATION|
|EMA Firstline Supervision||October 10||EMA member: $290|
|Click here to be taken to the registration site|
- Electoral Commission –East Coast Electorate roles – Casual. For more information and to apply, visit the link. Applications close September 30
- Opotiki I-site and Events Officer – Full time. Applications close Monday 25 September 2023 at 4pm
- Opotiki District Council Library Assistant – Customer Experience – Full time. Applications close Sunday, 17th September 2023 at 4.00pm.
- Te Pou Oranga o Whakatōhea – AOD Clinician . For more information and to apply, visit the link.
- Te Pou Oranga o Whakatohea – AOD-Alcohol & Other Drugs Clinician – Specialist Youth . For more information and to apply, please visit the link.
- Whakaatu Whanaunga Trust – Youth Justice Coordinator – Full time. For more information and to apply please visit the link.
- Ngā Maia Trust, Maori Midwives o Aotearoa (Opotiki) – General Manager – General/Business Unit Manager (CEO & General Management), Part time. A pplications close Friday 22 September 2023
- Grower Services Representative – Eastern Bay of Plenty – Eastpack Ltd – Account & Relationship Management (Sales) – Full time, for more information and to apply please visit link.
- Riverlock – Multiple positions available. Looking for: forklift drivers, quality controllers, and box makers. For more information and to apply email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07 315 7659
- Sybton Horticulture – General Orchard Staff – Part time and full time available. No experience is necessary, just a can-do attitude and you’ll get on the job training! Starting rate is $23.50 – Sybton Horticulture are ready and willing to take on anyone! For more information and to apply, contact email@example.com or visit their Facebook or Instagram @sybtonhort
- Thompson’s Horticulture Ltd – Multiple positions – Permanent, fixed term, casual, full time and part time available. There is great opportunity for someone new to horticulture to get their foot in the door and give things a try, and school students looking for work are more than welcome! For more information and to apply, visit the link or contact Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 246 7228.
- Whakatohea Mussels (Opotiki) – Finance Manager – Financial Managers & Controllers - Full time, applications close on Friday, 15th September 2023
- Whakatohea Mussels (Opotiki) – Executive Support – PA, EA & Secretarial
- (Administration & Office support) – Full time, applications close Friday 22 September 2023
- Whakatohea Mussels (Opotiki) – Management Accountant – Management Accounting & Budgeting – Full time, applications close Monday 18 September 2023
TRADES AND DRIVING/OPERATING
- Ōpōtiki Pumps and Irrigation - Junior Staff Member - Full time. For more information, please visit the link. To apply, send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or call into 64 St John Street, Ōpōtiki. Experienced Gardener/Nursery Person/Handy Person – 20 Hours p/w, Must be drug free, and willing to be police checked. Good renumeration for experience person. Workplace is Opotiki. For more information and applications email Keane.firstname.lastname@example.org
RETAIL / HOSPITALITY
- Mitre 10 – Team Member – part time contract. For more information and to apply, visit the link. Applications close September 17
- Motel managers (Opotiki) – Couple required – Full time, on-site and responsible for day to day running of business 7 days a week. For more information and to apply please visit link.
Reminder from the Workforce Team that we have Mayors' Taskforce for Jobs subsidies available to local employers who are taking on local people who were previously unemployed, under-employed (i.e., casual), or COVID-displaced. If you want to learn more, please email email@example.com.