Local Jobs, Training and Support
Tēnā koutou! See below for current local vacancies, training, and support.
The Workforce Team compile information about current vacancies, workforce focussed training being offered locally, and places to go for help and support. Fortnightly emails alert stakeholders when the information’s been updated online on the Ōpōtiki District Council website.
LOCAL VACANCIES at 10 June 2021 - please note that some online listings may expire soon. We have included application deadlines where known.
TRADES RELATED AND DRIVING JOBS
- Jayar Electrical – Qualified Electrician (domestic and industrial) | Trade Me Jobs – Full-time permanent
- Lowes Hire and Engineering – Hire & Retail Shop Assistant | Trade Me Jobs – Full-time permanent. Apply online or contact Grant Lowe on 027 486 8897 for more information.
- Delta Contracting Ltd – Mechanic or mechanically-minded person with experience – Full-time. Contact Paul Blennerhassett on 07 315 5888 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to apply
- Delta Contracting Ltd – 3-4 x General Labourers. Trucking licenses desirable but not necessary – Contact Paul Blennerhassett on 07 315 5888 or email@example.com for more information and to apply
- Hei Jonsey Ltd - Mechanical Engineer, no qualifications necessary, Class 2 License desirable. For more information and to apply ring Matt at 027 551 1836 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eastpack – Grower Services Representative | SEEK – Full-time. Apply online and call Toby Potter on 027 703 3812 for more information.
- Sybton Horticulture – Senior Orchard Manager | Trade Me Jobs – Full-time permanent
- Eastpack - Employment | Packhouse Positions | EastPack (googleadservices.com)
- OPAC – Security Team Members and Packhouse Workers wanted - to submit an application go to OPAC | Seasonal Vacancies
- See more kiwifruit picking jobs at Jobs in Opotiki, North Island | Jora
- Riverlock Group Holdings Ltd – Experienced Farm Manager | SEEK – Full-time.
- Whakatōhea Māori Trust Board – General Farm Hand – Fixed-term Maternity Cover. Applications close June 11
- Whakatōhea Māori Trust Board – Calf Rearer/Relief Milker – Fixed-term. Applications close June 11
- Crossroads Bar & Restaurant – 2 x Front of House workers (all-rounder position, including barista work and dishes) – Full-time. Call 07 315 6876 for more information, or pop down to 102 Church Street, Ōpōtiki
- Crossroads Bar & Restaurant – Cook/Chef; experience/qualifications not necessary but must be reliable and dedicated to learning – Full-time. Call 07 315 6876 for more information or pop down to 102 Church Street, Ōpōtiki
- Ōpōtiki Engineering and Hardware – Office/Hardware Retail Sales Assistant – 30hrs/week. Apply in person with CV at 12 King Street, Ōpōtiki
- Hot Bread Shop Café – Kitchen Staff – Full-time. To apply call 021 125 6890
- Hot Bread Shop Café - Front of House worker - Part-time. To apply call 021 125 6890
- Bridge Street Cafe – Cook wanted – Full-time. Contact Avon at 07 315 8110 for more details and to apply, or check their facebook page
EDUCATION, HEALTH, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES
- Rose Garden Preschool – Qualified Early Childhood Teacher – Full-time. Call 07 315 6177 for more information, and send CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com to apply. Applications close June 11
- Ōpōtiki Community Childcare Centre – Cleaning position – Part-time, 15hr/week. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07 315 8364 to request an application pack. Applications close June 18
- Thornton Park Retirement Lodge – Registered Nurse | Trade Me Jobs – Full-time permanent
- Geneva Healthcare Ltd – Ōpōtiki-based Casual Support Workers | SEEK – Part-time.
- Frontline Health – Registered Nurse | Trade Me Jobs – Full-time permanent. For more information contact Belinda Peddie on 027 537 2799, reference number 168167, otherwise apply online.
- Idea Services – Ōpōtiki based Support Worker | Trade Me Jobs – Full-time permanent.
- Ōpōtiki District Council – Library Assistant – Full-time. Applications close June 16
- Ōpōtiki District Council – Group Manager – Finance and Corporate Services – Full-time. Applications close June 28
- Ōpōtiki District Council – Programme Manager – Full-time. Applications close July 5
- Ōpōtiki District Council – Community Group Manager – Full-time. Applications close June 14
- Ōpōtiki District Council - Civil/asset engineering (especially three waters) and project management opportunities – full time positions, range of experience levels. Contact the Engineering & Services Group Manager email@example.com
- Expressions of Interest are open to join the next intakes of the Tūāpapa Training programme. This is specially designed as a pathway to applying for jobs at the Open Ocean Mussel Factory when it is commissioned in mid-2021. For more information and to register on the programme visit: Tūāpapa Foundation Course - WHAKATŌHEA MĀORI TRUST BOARD (whakatohea.co.nz)
- Triple One Care are running a Full Workplace First Aid course on Tuesday, June 15th, in Ōpōtiki. It runs from 8.30am-5pm and is $169 GST incl. per person. There are two places available on this course. For more information and to register, visit Workplace First Aid - Full | Triple One Care
- Do you have a business idea? Are you currently in business and would like support? The Rebel Pop Up Business School is a social impact organisation focussed on helping you start your business and get your ideas off the ground, and they have a FREE event running in Te Kaha from June 28th to July 9th. Check this link for more information: PopUp Business School Aotearoa (rebelbusinessschool.nz) and register for this event here: Rebel Business School, Te Kaha 2021 Tickets, Mon 28/06/2021 at 9:30 AM | Eventbrite
Class 2 Licensing and Heavy Machinery:
- On Saturday June 19th, 8.30am-1pm, there will be a training for the Wheels, Tracks, and Rollers Endorsement qualification, at $400 GST incl. per person. There is a maximum of eight places available. For more information and to register for this course, contact Anthony Rudkin on 027 249 0760.
- There are still a few places on this FREE 16-week New Zealand Certificate in Study & Career Preparation course, beginning June 7th. The course helps anyone get work ready for the Transport Industry, covering multiple Commercial Transport Industry qualifications, such as First Aid, Dangerous Goods Endorsement, Class 2 Heavy Vehicle, and more. For more information and to register for the course, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
ADDITIONAL SUPPORT AND INFORMATION
If you’re seeking work and would like assistance to get prepared there are a number of agencies locally that can help:
- Eastbay REAP have dedicated local youth coaches who can support your pathway if you're under 18 years old. Pop into the local youth service at 93 Church Street, Ōpōtiki, between the hours of 8:45am-12:15pm Monday to Friday. The Ōpōtiki Community Driver Mentoring Programme supported by Ōpōtiki District Council is also run out of Eastbay REAP - if you are under 30 years old and want to work towards the next step in your Class 1 Driver License, pay a visit to the friendly team at Eastbay REAP.
- Y2Hub or the Youth to Employment and Education Programme enables students to develop building blocks to reach their goals, learn life skills, and celebrate success on their own terms. If you're under 25 years old you can head to the Y2Hub at 115 Church Street, Ōpōtiki, to enquire.
- Whakaatu Whanaunga Trust: He Poutama Rangatahi programme mentors and supports youth into education, training, or employment, and assists young people to achieve their desired goals and ambitions. If you're under 25 you can head to Whakaatu Whanaunga Trust at 94 Church Street, Ōpōtiki, to enquire.
- Mauri Oho Education & Training programme is about reconnecting with your strengths, building on your beliefs of what you can do, and finding the motivation to fuel you to your next goal. This 12 week programme helps enhance your chances to work placement and is open entry. You can enquire at their training hub at 122 Saint John Street, Ōpōtiki.
- The Ōpōtiki District Library can help you with your CV/Resume, which is a key tool used as a personal marketing document to highlight to potential employers why you're the best candidate for the job. The Ōpōtiki District Library can support you to create and develop your CV/Resume. Pop in and see our friendly staff at 112 Church Street, Ōpōtiki, between 9am-5pm Monday to Friday, and 9am-1pm Saturdays.
- Keen for some business support and advice? David Turner of the Eastern Bay Chamber of Commerce is available at the Digital Hub every Wednesday. Call him on 021 228 5295 to make an appointment.
- Careers Coaching and Seminars are available locally by appointment. Contact Elwira Ograbek at email@example.com or 021 190 3406 for more information and to book.
- Needing financial assistance while searching for a job? Your local Work and Income branch can help. If you would like information about, or wish to apply for, financial assistance, visit http://www.workandincome.govt.nz.. If you don't have internet access, you can call 0800 559 009 from 7am-6pm Monday to Friday, and 8am-1pm Saturdays. Work and Income can also support you with finding employment. To do so, email your name and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of their local team will contact you.
Reminder from the Workforce Team that we have Mayors Taskforce for Jobs subsidies available to local employers who are taking on young people (under 30’s) who are unemployed or COVID Displaced. If you want to learn more, please email email@example.com