Local Jobs, Training and Support
Tēnā koutou! See below for current local vacancies, training, and support.
ODC's Workforce Team compile information about current vacancies, workforce focussed training being offered locally, and places to go for help and support. Fortnightly emails alert stakeholders when the information’s been updated online on the Ōpōtiki District Council website.
If you would like an email alerting you of these updates fortnightly , email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Subscribe’.
If you have a vacancy you would like to advertise on this webpage , email the following details to email@example.com:
- Position title and relevant details (e.g. necessary or preferred prerequisites/qualifications)
- Start date (if applicable), application closing date (if applicable), and whether full time, part time, fixed, etc.
- Contact name and number and/or email for people who are interested
- If you have a website where the job is listed, we can link to that - or similarly if it's on Trade Me or SEEK
Kia ora and welcome to this updated listing on 23 June 2022. Please keep up to speed about local Vaccination and Testing Sites via Covid-19 - Ōpōtiki District Council (odc.govt.nz) .
All jobs and training listed here are subject to Traffic Light system safety restrictions.
UPCOMING ŌPŌTIKI TRAINING:
Driver Training Endorsements
- Class 2 Full Licence. Mon-Tues July 11-12th, $1,200 per person + GST. To register for this course, contact Anthony Rudkin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 027 249 0760 with invoicing details and colour copy of licences of those being registered.
- Forklift Worksafe & F Endorsement. Wednesday July 13th, $320 per person + GST. To register for this course, contact Anthony Rudkin at email@example.com or 027 249 0760 with invoicing details and colour copy of licences of those being registered.
Hospitality and Retail
- Comprehensive Food Safety. Monday July 25th, 10.30am – 4.30pm. $160 per person + GST. To register for this course contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0800 464 487
- Customer Service Kickstarter. Tues-Wed July 26th-27th, 9am – 3pm. $255 per person + GST. To register for this course contact email@example.com or phone 0800 464 487
RETAIL / HOSPITALITY
- Fonterra – Ōpōtiki Sales Specialist – Full time permanent. For more information and to apply, visit the link. Applications close June 24
- Farmlands – Ōpōtiki Salesperson – Full time permanent. For more information and to apply, visit the link with your CV and Cover Letter.
- Opotiki Four Square – Seeking highly motivated and energetic people to join our Team – Part and Full Time (6-8 hour shifts). Applicants must be 18+, have good communication skills, physical fitness for repetitive lifting and standing for long periods, and motivation. Responsibilities include customer service, operating tills, cleaning areas, returning stock to shelves, and knowledge about products, services, and promotions. If this sounds like you, pop in store and pick up an application from checkout.
- Hot Bread Shop Café – Multiple positions: Front of House, Cafe Assistant, Kitchen – Full or part time available. Flexibility, ongoing training, and no experience required. For more information and to apply, contact Min on 021 125 6890
- Bridge Street Café – Experienced Barista and Café Assistant – Full time or part time permanent. Must be able to make coffees in what can be a fast-paced environment at times. To apply, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop your CV into 77 Bridge Street, Ōpōtiki.
- Eastpack Ltd – Orchard Manager – Full time permanent. For more information and to apply, visit the link. Applications close June 23
- Eastpack Ltd – Production
– Full time permanent. For more information and to apply, visit the link
with your CV and Cover Letter.
- Franklin Orcharding Ltd – Orchard Maintenance Worker – Full time permanent. For more information, visit the link or contact Carol on 027 341 1726. To apply, contact Carol on email@example.com
- Prospa Orchard Management Services – Orchard Manager – Full time. For more information and to apply, visit the link with you CV and Cover Letter.
- Wanted – 4 experienced kiwifruit pruners for private orchard, and 4 trainee pruners (tuition available). Top contract rates paid. For more information and to apply, phone 07 315 8110
- Are you keen on outdoors work, learning something new, and working in a team? Thompson’s Horticulture Ltd has varied horticulture positions with flexible start dates. For more information contact Sonia on 027 568 1168 or firstname.lastname@example.org, and to apply visit: https://www.thompsonsltd.co.nz/join-the-thompsons-family/
- Seeka OPAC – Various packhouse and orchard roles available. Upcoming opportunities from March – June 2022 include short term (12 week) positions that may suit early retirees. For more information and to apply visit www.seeka.co.nz/work, or pop into 93 Waioeka Road, Ōpōtiki or email Julie Moses at Julie.email@example.com
- See more kiwifruit picking jobs at Jobs in Opotiki, North Island | Jora
SERVICE BUSINESSES / ADMIN / MANAGERIAL
- Personnel Resources – ICT Manager and Systems Administrator – Full time permanent. For more information, visit the link or contact Andrea or Jemma on 07 307 9266. To apply, visit the link or send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personnel Resources – Workshop Assistant – Full time permanent. For more information visit the link or contact Andrea or Jemma on 07 307 9266. To apply, visit the link or send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
- OneStaff Tauranga Ltd – Coolstore/CA Manager – Full time permanent. For more information and to apply, visit the link.
- OneStaff Tauranga Ltd – Production Supervisor – Full time permanent. For more information and to apply, visit the link.
- Te Pou Oranga o Whakatōhea – Youth Whānau Support Worker – Full time permanent. For more information and to apply, visit the link. Applications close June 24
- Te Pou Oranga o Whakatōhea – Well Child – Kiri Ora Nurse – Full time permanent. For more information and to apply, visit the link. Applications close June 30
- Te Pou Oranga o Whakatōhea – Co-Existing Disorders Clinician – Full time permanent. For more information and to apply, visit the link. Applications close July 8
- Thornton Park Retirement Village – Registered Nurses – Permanent, part time, or casual positions available. For more information, visit the link or contact Shae on 021 113 5339 or Ali on 022 315 5636. To apply, visit the link or email firstname.lastname@example.org
LOCAL GOVERNMENT / GOVERNMENT
- Ōpōtiki District Council – Library Assistants – Fixed term and Casual. For more information and to apply, visit the link. Applications close June 24
- Ōpōtiki District Council – Asset Officer – Full time permanent. For more information and to apply visit the link. Applications close June 30
- Kids at Home – Home Based Educators, ECE Teachers, and Nannies – Full time contract. For more information, visit the link or phone 0800 543 728. To apply, visit the link or visit https://www.kidsathome.co.nz/educator-enquiry/ and fill out your information.
- Te Wananga o Aotearoa Ōpōtiki Campus – Kaiako | Tikanga Māori Level 3 – Full time fixed term. For more information, visit the link or contact email@example.com. To apply, visit the link. Applications close June 26
TRAINING, SUPPORT AND FUNDING
- Fruition Horticulture offer a selection of Horticulture and Health and Safety training across NCEA Level 2-6, some of which are fees free. For more information visit https://www.fruition.net.nz/we-offer/training/
Employers - Training Support:
The Tertiary Education Commission provides various training cost support for employers:
- Workplace Literacy & Numeracy Fund – for more information visit https://www.skillshighway.govt.nz/get-help/funding-assistance
- Targeted Training and Apprenticeship Fund (TTAF) – for more information visit https://www.tec.govt.nz/funding/funding-and-performance/funding/fund-finder/targeted-training-and-apprenticeship-fund/
- Apprenticeship Boost – for more information visit https://workandincome.govt.nz/work/apprentice-support/
- Māori Trades and Training Fund (MTTF) – for more information https://www.workandincome.govt.nz/providers/programmes-and-projects/maori-trades-and-training-fund.html
ADDITIONAL SUPPORT AND INFORMATION
If you’re seeking work and would like assistance to get prepared there are a number of agencies locally that can help:
- Eastbay REAP is an education-focused community and social development organisation. In our local office we can provide you with advice, support and coaching in a number of areas. Pop in to talk to one of the team who will be happy to help with any enquiry you may have. Our office hours are 9am - 3.30pm Monday to Friday. Contact them via: 93 Church Street, Ōpōtiki 3122. Phone 07-3155790, Freephone 0800-432-7327, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Y2Hub runs 12 week course for youth (16-24 years old) becoming: work ready, confident and prepared to make it happen! We offer unit standards, life skills, and promote licensing. By celebrating success, Rangatahi inspire others to raise the bar on their own terms. If this is you visit Y2Hub - 115 Church Street, Ōpōtiki or ring 07 974 6055
- Whakaatu Whanaunga Trust provide a variety of services available to anyone who may need some support, such as Whanau Support, Budgeting, CAYAD, Transitional Housing, Essential Repairs and He Poutama Rangatahi. He Poutama Rangatahi (Tuhono Mentoring) has a particular focus on supporting young people aged 16-24 years through one-on-one mentoring, into employment, or training and apprenticeships.
- Te Ara Tau programme is about reconnecting with your strengths, building on your beliefs of what you can do, and finding the motivation to fuel you to your next goal. This programme helps enhance your chances to work placement and is open entry. You can enquire at the Workforce Development Centre training hub at 122 Saint John Street, Ōpōtiki or email email@example.com
- The Ōpōtiki District Library can help you with your CV/Resume, which is a key tool used as a personal marketing document to highlight to potential employers why you're the best candidate for the job. The Ōpōtiki District Library can support you to create and develop your CV/Resume. Pop in and see our friendly staff at the corner of King and Church St, Ōpōtiki, between 9am-5pm Monday to Friday, and 9am-1pm Saturdays.
- Toi EDA Driver Operator Training assists unemployed or underemployed members of the Eastern Bay of Plenty communities to access truck, forklift, and wheels-tracks-rollers training, enabling them to seek sustainable employment across the region. We work with local employers, schools, social service providers, iwi, and trainers to facilitate pathways to employment to achieve a positive outcome for all concerned. Some scholarships are available. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Careers Coaching and Seminars are available locally by appointment. For more information and to book, contact email@example.com
- Connected was launched in August 2020 to help New Zealanders find government support for employment, education and training, including the support created in response to COVID-19. Visit the Connected website for more information https://www.connected.govt.nz/ or phone 0800 264 737 (Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm). You can also pop into the local Connected centre on 24 Pyne Street, Whakatane (MSD Employment Centre) and speak to the Employment Liaison Advisor: Latdavone Saengon.
- The Ministry of Social Development delivers social services and assistance to individuals, whānau, and communities. We work directly with New Zealanders to improve their social wellbeing. We’re here to help you financially if you’re on a low income or not working, support you into work, and help you with housing. For more information go to www.workandincome.govt.nz
Reminder from the Workforce Team that we have Mayors' Taskforce for Jobs subsidies available to local employers who are taking on young people (under 30’s) who are unemployed or COVID Displaced. If you want to learn more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org