Local Jobs, Training and Support
Tēnā koutou! See below for current local vacancies, training, and support.
ODC's Workforce Team compile information about current vacancies, workforce focussed training being offered locally, and places to go for help and support. Fortnightly emails alert stakeholders when the information’s been updated online on the Ōpōtiki District Council website.
If you would like an email alerting you of these updates fortnightly , email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Subscribe’.
If you have a vacancy you would like to advertise on this webpage , email the following details to email@example.com:
- Position title and relevant details (e.g. necessary or preferred prerequisites/qualifications)
- Start date (if applicable), application closing date (if applicable), and whether full time, part time, fixed, etc.
- Contact name and number and/or email for people who are interested
- If you have a website where the job is listed, we can link to that - or similarly if it's on Trade Me or SEEK
Kia ora and welcome to this updated listing on 27 January 2022. Please keep up to speed about local Vaccination and Testing Sites via Covid-19 - Ōpōtiki District Council (odc.govt.nz) .
NB All jobs and training listed here are subject to Alert Level safety restrictions.
Upcoming Training in Ōpōtiki
NB All sessions will be subject to Alert Level safety requirements.
- There are no training opportunities right now.
SERVICE BUSINESSES / ADMIN / MANAGERIAL
- Te Pou Oranga o Whakatōhea – Whakatōhea Social & Health Services Administrator/Receptionist – Permanent full time. For more information and to apply, visit the link. Applications close January 28
- Te Pou Oranga o Whakatōhea –Whakatōhea Māori Trust Board Receptionist/Accounts Administrator – Full time permanent. For more information and to apply, visit the link. Applications close January 28
- Eastland Pacific Motor Lodge – Housekeepers required – 20-30hr/week. Must be reliable, thorough, and able to work weekends and public holidays. Experience in cleaning and bed-making would be an advantage. If you are interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personnel Resources –HR Assistant – Full time permanent. For more information visit the link or contact Andrea or Chris on 07 307 9266. To apply, email CV to email@example.com
- Ryan and Alexander Consultancy Limited - Accounts Administrator – Full time permanent, based in Ōpōtiki. For more information and to apply, visit the link.
- Joelle Eileen – Beauty Therapist – Part time, with potential for full time. Ideally will have experience/training in facials/skin treatments and lash extensions. In house training can be provided for all treatments if needed. Email any interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Barber wanted – Full or part time. Must be experienced in modern styling. Call in at 100 Church St, or phone Jon on 027 767 4287 or Nezla on 022 182 5162 for more details
- Te Pou Oranga o Whakatōhea – Co-Existing Disorders Clinician – Permanent full time. For more information and to apply, visit the link. Applications close January 28
- Te Pou Oranga o Whakatōhea – Kaupapa Māori Community Mental Health Clinician – Permanent full time. For more information and to apply, visit the link. Applications close January 28
- Geneva Healthcare Ltd – Support Worker – Waiotahe – Part time. For more information contact Shinal on 0800 266 577 extension 9699, and visit the to apply.
- Thornton Park Retirement Village Ōpōtiki – Clinical Manager – Full time permanent. Accommodation provided. For more information and to apply, visit the link.
- Thornton Park Retirement Village Ōpōtiki – Nurse – Part time permanent. Accommodation can be offered. For more information and to apply, visit the link.
- Ōpōtiki Pharmacy – Qualified Pharmacist – Full time. For more information and to apply, visit the link.
COMMUNITY / SOCIAL SERVICES
- The Future Leaders Programme – local Coach/Kaiako vacancy, working part time to support youth development for rangatahi to develop their leadership skills and work on projects to make a difference in Ōpōtiki. Part-time flexible role about 2 days/wk (16 hours/wk) from March–October. Applications close Fri 28th January 2022. Link to download the full role description here. To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a Cover Letter to email@example.com. Anyone interested in the role could also call/text Katie on 027 896 7770. Applications close January 28
- Te Pōari Hauora o Te Moana a Toi – Board Members. Looking to recruit members to represent Iwi, the community, and health sector expertise on the Board. For more information and to apply, visit the link. Applications close February 25
GOVERNMENT / LOCAL GOVERNMENT
- Department of Conservation – Ranger Biodiversity Monitoring – Full time permanent. Must be vaccinated. For more information, visit the link or contact Tennile Toulson at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 027 282 9671. To apply, visit https://careers.doc.govt.nz/jobs/DOC-2002954 with CV and Cover Letter handy. Applications close 5pm February 7
- Mana Recruitment – Census Collectors – Kiamahi Kohi Raraunga – Part time contract. Multiple roles available (20 – 40hr/week) with paid training, across Whakatāne, Ōhope, Ōpōtiki, and Kawerau. For more information visit the link. To apply, register your interest at https://censusjobs.co.nz/
TRADES RELATED AND DRIVING JOBS
- Ōpōtiki Drainlayers Limited – Drainlayer wanted (Certified) – Full time permanent. Must have current Class 1 License; Class 2 and W.T.R would be helpful but not necessary. For more information and to apply, visit the link.
- Scott Logging Ltd – Excavator Operator wanted for forestry roading – Full time permanent. For more information visit the link or contact Henry Scott at email@example.com or on 027 213 6327. To apply, visit the link.
- Waiotahi Contractors – Drivers wanted – Casual positions available for 2 x Truck and Trailer drivers to help through busy six month period of kiwifruit and rock cartage. Must have Class 5 and experience. Must be drug and alcohol free. Must have good Health and Safety knowledge and be accurate with figures. Start date February 2022, with potential for full time employment. Submit CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call into 80 Wellington St, Ōpōtiki
- Splice Construction – Project Manager – Permanent full time. For more information and to apply, visit the link.
- Coastbound Construction - Qualified or Experienced (4+ years) Carpenter - Full time permanent, or open to contracting. Starting date as soon as possible. For more information and to apply, contact Dylan McPhee on 021 083 63939 or email email@example.com
- Sybton Horticulture – Orchard Manager – Full time permanent. Some orchard management experience, excellent English skills, computer literacy, current Full Class 1 License, and a sound knowledge of horticulture practises are ideal but not necessary. For more information, visit the link. To apply, email CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Riverlock Packhouse Limited – Packhouse positions available – Full time contract. Positions available include: Shift Coordinator, Supervisors, Optics Technician, Sizer Driver, and more. For more information and to apply, visit the link.
- Seeka OPAC – Various packhouse roles available. Upcoming opportunities from March – June 2022 include short term (12 week) positions that may suit early retirees. For more information and to apply visit www.seeka.co.nz/work, or pop into 93 Waioeka Road, Ōpōtiki or email Julie Moses at Julie.email@example.com
- This Spring and Summer are you keen on outdoors work, learning something new, and working in a team? Thompson’s Horticulture Ltd has varied horticulture positions with flexible start dates from October. For more information contact Sonia on 027 568 1168 or firstname.lastname@example.org, and to apply visit: https://www.thompsonsltd.co.nz/join-the-thompsons-family/
- See more kiwifruit picking jobs at Jobs in Opotiki, North Island | Jora
- George Weston Foods Limited – Merchandiser – Permanent part time. Must have a Full Class 1 license and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For more information and to apply, visit the link. Applications close January 30
- Hiona St Stephens – Op Shop Manager – Part time permanent (9hr/week). For more information, visit the link. To request a copy of the position description, or to apply, email CV and Cover letter to email@example.com. Applications close February 21
- Subway Ōpōtiki – Part-time position (10-15hr/week). Text expressions of interest to Steve on 027 507 9500
- Farmlands Co-operative – Casual Salesperson – Casual. For more information and to apply, visit the link with CV and Cover Letter handy.
- Appliance Plus Ōpōtiki – Home Appliances & Bed Sales Consultant – Full time contract. Role is currently a one year parental leave cover contract, with the potential to become permanent. Position starts early March 2022. Visit the link for more information, and to apply, send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bridge Street Café – Chef / Cook – Full time. For more information and to apply, contact Avon at 07 315 8110 for more details and to apply, or call into 77 Bridge Street, Ōpōtiki
- Bridge Street Café – Front of House Server and Barista – Full time. For more information and to apply, contact Avon at 07 315 8110 for more details and to apply, or call into 77 Bridge Street, Ōpōtiki
- Bridge Street Café – Kitchen Staff worker – Full time. For more information and to apply, contact Avon at 07 315 8110 for more details and to apply, or call into 77 Bridge Street, Ōpōtiki
- Central Kids Ōpōtiki Kindergarten – Administrator – 16hr/week, term time only. Responsibilities include operation of and accurate record keeping, preparing payroll timesheets, invoices, and other general administration tasks. To apply, contact email@example.com or phone 07 985 3124. Applications close January 28
- Kids at Home –Home Based Educators, ECE Teachers, and Nannies – Full time contract. For more information, visit the link, or call 0800 543 728 to enquire. Apply online or visit https://www.kidsathome.co.nz/educator-enquiry/
OTHER INDUSTRY TRAINING, SUPPORT AND FUNDING
- Fruition Horticulture offer a selection of Horticulture and Health and Safety training across NCEA Level 2-6, some of which are fees free. For more information visit https://www.fruition.net.nz/we-offer/training/
Employers - Training Support:
The Tertiary Education Commission provides various training cost support for employers:
- Workplace Literacy & Numeracy Fund – for more information visit https://www.skillshighway.govt.nz/get-help/funding-assistance
- Targeted Training and Apprenticeship Fund (TTAF) – for more information visit https://www.tec.govt.nz/funding/funding-and-performance/funding/fund-finder/targeted-training-and-apprenticeship-fund/
- Apprenticeship Boost – for more information visit https://workandincome.govt.nz/work/apprentice-support/
- Māori Trades and Training Fund (MTTF) – for more information https://www.workandincome.govt.nz/providers/programmes-and-projects/maori-trades-and-training-fund.html
ADDITIONAL SUPPORT AND INFORMATION
If you’re seeking work and would like assistance to get prepared there are a number of agencies locally that can help:
- Eastbay REAP is an education-focused community and social development organisation. In our local office we can provide you with advice, support and coaching in a number of areas. Pop in to talk to one of the team who will be happy to help with any enquiry you may have. Our office hours are 9am - 3.30pm Monday to Friday. Contact them via: 93 Church Street, Ōpōtiki 3122. Phone 07-3155790, Freephone 0800-432-7327, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Y2Hub runs 12 week course for youth (16-24 years old) becoming: work ready, confident and prepared to make it happen! We offer unit standards, life skills, and promote licensing. By celebrating success, Rangatahi inspire others to raise the bar on their own terms. If this is you visit Y2Hub - 115 Church Street, Ōpōtiki or ring 07 974 6055
- Whakaatu Whanaunga Trust provide a variety of services available to anyone who may need some support, such as Whanau Support, Budgeting, CAYAD, Transitional Housing, Essential Repairs and He Poutama Rangatahi. He Poutama Rangatahi (Tuhono Mentoring) has a particular focus on supporting young people aged 16-24 years through one-on-one mentoring, into employment, or training and apprenticeships.
- Te Ara Tau programme is about reconnecting with your strengths, building on your beliefs of what you can do, and finding the motivation to fuel you to your next goal. This programme helps enhance your chances to work placement and is open entry. You can enquire at the Workforce Development Centre training hub at 122 Saint John Street, Ōpōtiki or email email@example.com
- The Ōpōtiki District Library can help you with your CV/Resume, which is a key tool used as a personal marketing document to highlight to potential employers why you're the best candidate for the job. The Ōpōtiki District Library can support you to create and develop your CV/Resume. Pop in and see our friendly staff at the corner of King and Church St, Ōpōtiki, between 9am-5pm Monday to Friday, and 9am-1pm Saturdays.
- Toi EDA Driver Operator Training assists unemployed or underemployed members of the Eastern Bay of Plenty communities to access truck, forklift, and wheels-tracks-rollers training, enabling them to seek sustainable employment across the region. We work with local employers, schools, social service providers, iwi, and trainers to facilitate pathways to employment to achieve a positive outcome for all concerned. Some scholarships are available. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Careers Coaching and Seminars are available locally by appointment. For more information and to book, contact email@example.com
- Connected was launched in August 2020 to help New Zealanders find government support for employment, education and training, including the support created in response to COVID-19. Visit the Connected website for more information https://www.connected.govt.nz/ or phone 0800 264 737 (Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm). You can also pop into the local Connected centre on 24 Pyne Street, Whakatane (MSD Employment Centre) and speak to the Employment Liaison Advisor: Latdavone Saengon.
- The Ministry of Social Development delivers social services and assistance to individuals, whānau, and communities. We work directly with New Zealanders to improve their social wellbeing. We’re here to help you financially if you’re on a low income or not working, support you into work, and help you with housing. For more information go to www.workandincome.govt.nz
Reminder from the Workforce Team that we have Mayors Taskforce for Jobs subsidies available to local employers who are taking on young people (under 30’s) who are unemployed or COVID Displaced. If you want to learn more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org