Apply for a Building Consent
The Building Consent Process from Start to Finish
Pre lodgement meetings
Use our online form to request a call or email back from our building team or book an appointment.
Applying for a building consent
Before you begin
- Know where the property is – if your subdivision is not fully complete, you must lodge your consent under the parent parcel and provide details of the pending Lot and DP numbers
- Know the owner and have proof of ownership – the owner is listed on the Certificate of Title or on the rates valuation
- Plans - indicate the scale and sheet size on each plan
- Specifications must be merged into one document in PDF format
- Supporting documents must be merged into two documents in PDF format.
Registering as a new user
Submit the application
- An agent or owner can lodge the application
- The application can be shared with other interested parties (see below)
- The applicant is responsible for identifying which clauses of the building code the project complies with
- The applicant will receive an email and reference number confirming the application has been received.
Sharing the application with others
- Log in and choose the application you wish to share
- Click on the 'Share' button on the right of the application
- This will take you to the ‘User Permissions’ tab
- Enter email address and your message
- Add the permissions you wish to share and click send
- The person being sent this invite will receive an email from the applicant saying they have been invited to view this information
- Simply click on the link and register
- Once registered, the information above will appear on both the applicant’s account and the invited person.
Manage required documents
- Upload files to the correct folder (e.g. Certificate of Title into the Certificate of Title folder)
- Plans and specifications must be PDF and uploaded as one document each
- Supporting documents must be PDF, Doc or DOCX and you may upload two separate documents
- Supporting documents are to include:
- bracing calculations
- H1 calculations
- truss design
- lintel/beam design
- geotechnical report.
- A copy of the building consent and approved plans must be held on site at all times. This is the applicant's responsibility
- Please clearly indicate the scale and the sheet size on each plan.
If your application is refused
Page reviewed: 25 Jun 2020 4:26pm