The Coast Initiatives Fund (CIF) is allocated by Council to the Coast Community Board to spend on Coast ward projects (as per their criteria for applications) to ensure fair representation for all members of our community.
Application requirements and criteria
- Marae facility development and upgrades excluding projects, or components of projects, that can attract funding from other funding sources.
- Community facilities and sports fields.
- Pride and beautification projects within the community.
- Community events.
- Coastal access excluding private access.
- Infrastructure projects specific to coastal communities that may be outside of Council immediate priorities or that may add value to existing initiatives.
- Education and training for organisations, or members of organisations, resulting in ongoing benefit or increased opportunities to the coast community.
- Each application would be considered by the Board on a case by case basis.
- If approved funding is not utilised within two years from the date of approval the applicant must reapply for funding consideration.
- Applications must be received by the Ōpōtiki District Council a minimum of 3 weeks before the Coast Community Board meets, at which a grant decision is required.
- Grant applications will only be considered from organisations and not (an) individual(s).
- Applications will only be accepted from those organisations that are established within the Coast Community Board ward. If such organisation proposes to provide assistance funding from a CIF grant then the reasons shall be outlined in the application.
- In preparing to assess applications to the CIF the Community
Board Members shall at all times give due consideration to:
14. To meet the Council's Transparency and Accountability Requirements:
(i) Grant money shall only be paid on submission of an invoice with bank account and GST number (if GST registered) details on the organisation's invoice.
(ii) Where applicable (e.g. where items are purchased) receipts and/or written quotes shall be provided to Council.
How to apply
Need more information?
You can contact Gae Finlay, Executive Assistance and Governance Support Officer, by phoning (07) 3153030 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply online now
Write down all the costs of your project and include details of items this covers e.g. Hall hire, 3 days hire at $100 per day, $300 etc.
Terms and conditions
I/We declare that the details contained in this application are correct and that I/we have authority to commit to the following conditions.I/We agree to the application requirements stated above. If this application is successful, I/we agree to: complete the project as outlined in this application (or request permission in writing from the Coast Community Board for any significant change to the project), utilise funding within two years from the date of approval (failure will require applicant to reapply), return a project report within two months after the project is completed (failure may lead to further funding applications being declined), return any unspent funds, where applicable (e.g. where items are purchased) receipts and/or written quotes shall be provided to Council, acknowledge Coast Initiative Funding at event openings, presentations or performances, I understand that the Opotiki District Council is bound by the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987, I/we understand that my/our name and brief details about the project may be released to the media or appear in publicity material, I/we undertake that I/we have obtained the consent of all people involved to provide these details. I/we understand that I/we have the right to have access to this information. This consent is given in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.