Refuse Attendants - Full time fixed-term at Ōpōtiki and Te Kaha RRCs
Job TypeFixed Term
Closing1 Dec 2023, 4:00 pm
Ōpōtiki District Council is currently looking for 2 team members to join our Resource Recovery Centres.
- 1x Fulltime 40 hours a week, fixed-term from December 2023 to end of February 2024 located at the Ōpōtiki RRC.
- 1x Fulltime approximately 31 hours a week, fixed-term from mid-December 2023 to mid-March 2024 located at Te Kaha RRC.
- Assess loads of refuse, collect payment and issue receipts
- Sort and prepare recyclable and residual waste for transport
- Compact recyclable and residual waste as necessary
- Maintain resource recovery site in a clean and tidy condition.
- A health and safety conscious work attitude
- A reasonable level of fitness and strength to be able to undertake the manual handling requirements
- Strong team player who is reliable, responsible, and adaptable
- Commitment to friendly customer service
- Wheels and Forks endorsement preferred
- Full training provided and great insurance benefits.
If this sounds like you apply today! Successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment Drug and Alcohol test. Apply now online or by completing an Application at our St John Street office.
View a copy of the Refuse Attendant Position Description PDF
Applications close Wednesday, 1 December 2023.