Accounts Payable and Payroll Support Officer
Job TypeFull Time
About the role:
Are you a financial wizard with a passion for public service? We’re looking for a dedicated individual to join our dynamic team at Ōpōtiki District Council and make a difference in our community.
As the Accounts Payable and Payroll Support Officer you will be joining a small team responsible for managing the accounts’ payable function and fortnightly and monthly payroll processing. Both functions require a high level of accuracy and efficiency. You will play a pivotal role in ensuring compliance with financial regulations, and collaborate with colleagues to enhance financial transparency.
- Support in accounts payables processing, with accuracy and efficiency
- Support in payroll processing fortnightly and monthly, with accuracy and efficiency
- Provide administrative support to finance and corporate services.
- Relevant tertiary education, preferably in finance or a related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in creditors management and/or payroll processing
- Experience and comprehension of Local Government financial practices – including rating, property, accounts payable, and reporting (preferred but not essential)
- A sound understanding of computer-based accounting applications and financial management systems.
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft suites
- Knowledge of tax regulations and compliance for payroll processing
- Ability to problem solve
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills, as you will be working closely within a small team and with colleagues from various departments across the organisation.
At council we offer a great insurance package, and flexible working arrangements. If this sounds like you, and you are ready to be part of a team that helps your community thrive, apply today! Your financial experience and expertise could make a real difference and together we can build a better future.
View a copy of the Accounts Payable and Payroll Support Officer Position Description PDF
Applications will be assessed until the position is filled.