Transport Asset Engineer
Job TypeFull Time
Closing12 Dec 2023, 4:00 pm
About the role
Are you an innovative thinker with an engineering background? As we continue to grow, we are seeking an experienced Transport Asset Engineer to join our Engineering and Services team.
The Transport Asset Engineer will work closely with the Asset Manager and Transport Network Engineer in developing and implementing asset management plans, strategies, policies. The Transport Asset Engineer will provide technical advice for roading assets and work closely with the likes of NZTA and BOPRC to ensure that the national and regional requirements are met.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in engineering. You will be pro-active in monitoring legislative requirements and obligations, be a strong communicator, and able to build successful relationships with internal and external customers, iwi and hapū and key stakeholders. You will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Engineering
- A minimum of 3 years of applicable work experience in a related field
- Proven previous experience in a management, leadership role.
- High level of computer literacy using Microsoft Office
- An understanding of the Local Government sector.
- An understanding of relevant industry regulations and standards.
- A high level of computer literacy and a current driver’s licence.
About the district
Ōpōtiki district has a relatively small population but it is huge in size, opportunity and culture: it also boasts one of the most beautiful coastlines in the country! Ōpōtiki district is in a period of growth, and working with us is an opportunity to play a part in the district’s transformation.
Applications close Tuesday 12 December 2023 at 4.00pm.
Please note that applications will be processed as they are received so we encourage you to apply early, as the advert may be removed before the closing date.
View a copy of the Transport Asset Engineer Position Description PDF