Group Manager Engineering and Services
Job TypeFull Time
Closing7 Jun 2023, 4:00 pm
About the role
A senior management role has become available for someone to lead our Engineering and Services team through a period of exciting challenges and developments for the Ōpōtiki District.
The successful applicant will be able to lead, monitor and report on Council assets and infrastructure and the implementation of key projects. As a member of the senior management team, you will contribute positively to the strategic direction and vision of Council and have a proactive and innovative approach to leadership.
This is a big role, to perform well you will need to have:
- Experience and confidence to represent and network for Council at a range of meetings, conferences and/or working groups.
- Able to provide technical advice to Executive Management and Elected Members
- Proven ability in reaching strategic objectives by leading a team effectively.
- Solid experience in infrastructure and asset management and the implementation of Asset Management Plans
- Experience in the management and reporting of major budgets that ultimately contribute to long term plans and strategic goals.
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to build rapport with an existing team of committed workers.
About the district
Ōpōtiki is a place where the community is loyal and proud. They are connected to the land and sea and looking forward to a promising future for generations to come. If you fit the brief, we look forward to receiving your application. In return we can offer you a role that provides excellent work life balance with the coast, rivers on your doorstep and larger centers less than two hours away.
View a copy of the Group Manager Engineering and Services Position Description PDF
Applications close Wednesday 7 June at 4pm. Please note that applications will be processed as they are received so we encourage you to apply early, as the advert may be removed before the closing date.