Project Managers (x2)
Job TypeFull Time
Closing20 Feb 2023, 4:00 pm
Ōpōtiki District has a relatively small population but it is huge in size, opportunity and culture. We are in a period of growth on one of the most beautiful coastal areas of New Zealand. Working with us means you can work and play in a district that you will also have a hand in shaping.
We have the opportunity for two experienced project managers, one with a focus emphasis on roading maintenance and transport capital works projects and the second role has a key emphasis on 3 Waters and Solid Waste. Reporting to the Programme Manager, these roles are pivotal to the successful delivery of projects over the next few years.
Your extensive project management experience and qualifications in engineering or similar will give you an advantage to successfully manage projects in your key areas of focus as well as other functional council areas such as community facilities.
Understanding the inter-dependencies that exist, you will be a strong project leader and communicator, able to build successful relationships internally, and with external agencies and stakeholders including Iwi and hapū. You will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification, preferably in construction, project management or civil engineering
- A minimum of 5 years significant project management experience
- High level of computer literacy using Microsoft Office including MS Project
- Experience with procurement and contract management
- A working knowledge of relevant local government and environmental legislation
- A high level of computer literacy, and a current driver’s licence
View the Project Manager - Roading position description PDF
View the Project Manager - 3 Waters position description PDF
Applications close Monday 20 February 2023 at 4.00 pm.