Job TypeFull Time
Closing5 Jul 2021, 4:00 pm
With some exciting projects for the District over the next few years Council are seeking a person who can lead the coordination of capital projects and support project teams to deliver on the expected milestones.
Managing a team of six, and reporting to the Group Manager, you will be responsible for supporting your team in the areas of project planning, reporting, process documentation and ensuring a culture of continuous improvement.
To be a strong contender for this role, you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification and 5-10 years’ experience in programme/project management
- Proven leadership and coaching skills
- Experience managing and communicating risk
- Track record developing, implementing and improving processes, and leading staff through the resulting changes
- Demonstrated success in leading civil works projects and programmes of work
- Local Government experience is preferred
- Excellent written, analytical and problem solving skills
- Confidence in budget management and financial reporting
We can offer the successful applicant work / life balance in a beautiful district that has a lot to offer. From fishing, hunting, cycling and renowned bush walks, you’re sure to experience the bay in all its beauty!
Ōpōtiki has a close community which is at the heart of everything we do, and we want you to experience that with us.
View a copy of the Programme Manager position description (PDF, 139KB)
Applications close Monday, 5 July 2020 at 4pm