Community Group Manager
Job TypeFull Time
Closing14 Jun 2021, 4:00 pm
Ōpōtiki District has a relatively small population but it is huge in size, opportunity and culture. We are in a period of growth on one of the most beautiful coastal areas of New Zealand. Working with us means you can work and play in a district that you will also have a hand in shaping.
As a thriving Council we are always looking for opportunities to enable Ōpōtiki’s wellbeing and growth as we believe a stronger community has a stronger future. This newly created opportunity reflects this vision and commitment to the social development agenda within our community.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Advocate and advise Council and the Chief Executive on the design and delivery of the social development agenda that includes genuine Council-community engagement, key stakeholder relationship management with Iwi and central government ministries and agencies.
- Lead the continuous improvement of community engagement and external communications
- Lead, plan, organise, oversee and promote all activities and staff actions related to the Opotiki District Council’s community functions, in order to foster a strong and active community.
So, a bit about you
You are a seasoned social development professional with proven success in planning and delivering key initiatives, strategic projects and programmes of work. You have demonstrated ability in conceptualising and managing communications for or within business. You enjoy collaborating with leaders and experts across disciplines to motivate and engage them to deliver strategic outcomes for the business. You see yourself as a change leader.
Some of the specifics
- Tertiary qualification in management and/or social development, or other related discipline essential and post-graduate qualification desirable.
- Ten years’ experience in senior management and demonstrable experience managing leaders and teams.
- Knowledge of Mātauranga Māori, understanding and knowledge of the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi, and some proficiency in Te Reo me ona tikanga Māori will support your success in this role
- Senior portfolio and/or programme manager experience.
- Highly developed communication skills applicable to a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Strategic and systems thinker who exercises sound judgment, problem-solving skills and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Social/community development experience.
- IT savvy and skilled in workplace productivity tools is essential.
- Public sector / local government experience with strong knowledge of the legal and regulatory framework will be an advantage
- A current NZ driver licence as regional travel required
- NZ citizenship, residency or a valid NZ work permit
If this role has piqued your interest, check out the Group Manager - Community Services position description (PDF, 277KB) and apply below.
Make sure to include your CV and covering letter – we are particularly interested in `Why you want to work and play in Opotiki”. If you have any questions about the role please reach out to Lisa Taiapa, HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Monday 14 June 2021 at 4.00 pm. We will interview as we go which means this role may close early if we find the right person.