Customer Services Officer
We are farewelling one of our friendly and helpful Customer Service Officers, which will leave a vacancy in our front of house team.
What's on offer?
Working Monday to Friday in a small team you will deal with a variety of customers, process payments and take enquiries in person and over the phone – this role offers diversity where no two days are the same!
Your time to shine
This is your chance to provide first class customer service whilst bringing the following skills and attributes:
- Competence in using/learning new systems and software
- Friendly and professional manner
- Experience with processing financial transactions
- Attention to detail and ability to follow procedures
- Ability to think on your feet while staying within your parameters
Applications close Thursday 31 January 2019 at 4pm
Events and i-SITE Officer - two vacancies
Are you passionate about tourism and meeting people? Would you like to be a part of community events?
Ōpōtiki District Council currently has two vacancies for Events and i-SITE Officers.
The i-SITE operates 7 days per week so flexibility is required. We have two opportunities available; one is to work approximately 22 hours per week, Wednesday to Saturday, and the other to work approximately 19 hours per week, Sunday to Wednesday. These positions report to the i-SITE Manager with a focus on:
- Providing information to visitors
- Delivering excellent customer service
- Assisting with events
- Promoting Ōpōtiki as a destination.
If you are an excellent communicator with a strong customer focus, understanding/awareness of NZ culture and all that the Ōpōtiki District has to offer, then we would like to hear from you. You might be a recent school leaver with an interest in events and tourism.
Eastern Bay of Plenty Project and Programme Manager - Fixed Term 24 months
Now is a very exciting time for the Eastern Bay of Plenty. We are looking for someone who thrives on building and maintaining relationships and has extensive experience in delivering successful projects!
What's on Offer?
This role offers the opportunity to contribute at a regional level. This is a fixed term position that builds on a number of projects identified in the Eastern Bay of Plenty Regional Growth Leadership Report.
Your time to shine
You will be a motivated and driven individual with a track record of leading regional growth projects and achieving results. Ideally, you will have the following specifications:
- Excellent communicator and experience working in partnership with a range of stakeholders, ranging from local iwi/Māori, and business owners to staff and elected members of Council
- The ability to build and maintain relationships while able to navigate through competing interests and divergent agendas
- Strong project management experience
- IT Skills and experience
- Able to keep calm under pressure.
This is a critical role to progress projects and economic growth within the Eastern Bay of Plenty Region. The role will be based in the Eastern Bay of Plenty with the need to travel to liaise with project leads, owners, stakeholders and to identify new Provisional Growth opportunities and to help shape them. As such we are open to expressions of interest in either an employment or consultant capacity.
Ōpōtiki is a small district that is in a period of growth. We can offer you a great lifestyle, within a small team who get to work and play in one of the most beautiful coastal areas of New Zealand.
We are looking for an experienced planner who is looking for variety and autonomy in a small and dynamic organisation.
- A planning qualification, or other relevant qualification preferably with proven experience in a similar role
- A current driver licence as there is some field work required.
- Ability to accurately interpret and apply legislation and policy
- Able to complete a variety of work and excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
Applications close 4pm Thursday 31 January 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunities