Issue 81 - April 2020
From the Mayor
Lock down library
Ōpōtiki Harbour celebration
Eastern Bay COVID Business Support Hub
Pay it online
Restrictions in place to protect Kaumātua and vulnerable
NZ Sign Language
Throughout this crisis, it has become common to see hardworking New Zealand Sign Language interpreters standing alongside politicians and scientists as they translate complicated concepts to ensure our deaf community can also understand these important messages.
We just wanted to acknowledge this work and remind people, if they want to learn New Zealand’s third official language, you can learn through the online portal at www.learnnzsl.nz
There is support available for you online and on the phone:
- For the latest news, information and advice, visit www.covid19.govt.nz
- Healthline 0800 358 5453 for health-related concerns about COVID-19
- Government helpline 0800 779 997 (8am–1am, 7 days) for information on government help that is available
- Bay of Plenty CDEM Group Call Centre 0800 884 222 (7am to 7pm, 7 days) for help getting home essentials like groceries or picking up prescriptions.
- Need to talk? Text 1737 to talk to a trained counsellor
- Essential business enquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0800 22 66 57
- Reporting breaches of any Level 4 Alert restrictions www.police.govt.nz/105support
- For financial or employer wage subsidy assistance, contact WINZ on 0800 40 80 40
Keep safe Ōpōtiki
Stay home, save lives!