Project works re-start under level 3
Several key projects will resume in Ōpōtiki as the district moves to Covid Alert Level 3.
Ōpōtiki District Council’s Engineering Manager, Stace Lewer, said that health and safety would remain a priority for contractors as they return to these projects under the national Level 3 rules.
“Please be assured that we will be operating safely at Alert Level 3 and Covid requirements are core to operations. As our staff and contractors start work, we ask that people keep a distance and if they have any questions, please call Council on 07 3153030 so that we can answer queries without breaking anyone’s bubbles.
“It is great to be able to get these incredible community projects back underway at Alert Level 3. Council has a lot on the go at the moment from roading and stormwater improvements to community assets like the skatepark. There are details on most of these on this website or Council's Facebook page, but if you have any question, just ask,” Mr Lewer said.
You can read more about the rules for operating under Level 3 Covid restrictions - Doing business at Alert Level 3 | Unite against COVID-19 (covid19.govt.nz)
- J-Stone Skate park - Construction of Skate Park and pump Track
- Tracks Concrete Ltd - Complete Ford Street Reserve
- Splice Construction - Tarawa Creek Development
- Splice Construction - Wainui Road completion
- Wilson Brother - Kukumoa Cycleway
- Waiotahi Contractors - King Street Stormwater and Goring Street Reseal
- Delta Contracting - Pipi Beds Cycleway
- Delta Contracting - Road Maintenance Contract