Social distancing is a proven tool to help slow the spread of the Covid-19 virus. Council has put in place extra precautions to protect our community, such as increased cleaning of our public reception areas, but if you can, now's a good time to get up to speed with doing things online.
If you don't have to come in to Council, you can do your business via our website. Check out our Do It Online page.
From making payments and applications, changing your details, requesting service or info, property and rating searches, reporting problems, looking up services maps, to paying dog registrations (heck you can even apply to fly a drone or film in a Council owned public space), it's all available using one of our secure online forms.
You can also use the Antenno app (send us issue reports and receive updates from Council), the Ōpōtiki Library app (lets you download e-books and manage your loans), and keep up with the social on FB @OpotikiDistrictCouncil and @OpotikiLibrary
Not sure if you do need to come in to Council? Phone us on (07) 3153030 first.
If you're unwell follow the Ministry of Health guidelines on their website www.health.govt.nz. Err on the side of caution, stay home.
We're taking every measure and we ask that you do to. Look out for your neighbours, look out for your family, look out for your friends.
While we don't have community transmission here, now is the time to prepare. We can all play a role in this and follow this advice:
1. Wash, wash, wash your hands with soap under warm running water for at least 20 seconds!!
2. If you don't need to travel overseas, then don't. Enjoy your own backyard for the time being.
3. If you're sick, stay home
4. If you sneeze, do it in to your elbow
5. Stop handshakes, hugs, kisses and hongi - adopt the East Coast wave https://www.facebook.com/KiriAllanLabourMP/videos/519012409009639/
6. Be mindful of pakeke (older citizens) in your life, check in on them, but if you're sick keep your distance.
7. Wash, wash, wash your hands with soap under warm running water for at least 20 seconds!!