The Coast Initiatives Fund (CIF) is allocated by Council to the Coast Community Board to spend on Coast ward projects (as per their criteria for applications) to ensure fair representation for all members of our community.
The Coast Community Board has adopted the following criteria in assessing funding for projects:
1. The types of project/event which will be considered for funding are;
- Marae facility development and upgrades excluding projects, or components of projects, that can attract funding from other funding sources.
- Community facilities and sports fields.
- Pride and beautification projects within the community.
- Community events.
- Coastal access excluding private access.
- Infrastructure projects specific to coastal communities that may be outside of Council's immediate priorities or that may add value to existing initiatives.
- Education and training for organisations, or members of organisations, resulting in ongoing benefit or increased opportunities to the coast community.
2. In preparing to assess applications to the CIF the Community Board Members shall at all times give due consideration to:
- The Model Standing Orders for meetings of the Opotiki District Council on the matter of pecuniary (i.e. financial) interest; and
- The Opotiki District Council Code of Conduct in regard to conflicts of interest.
How to apply
Who to contact for more information
You can contact Gae Newell, PA to the Mayor and CEO, by phoning (07) 3153030 or emailing email@example.com
Apply online now
Write down all the costs of your project and include details of items this covers e.g. Hall hire, 3 days hire at $100 per day, $300 etc.
Terms and conditions
I/We declare that the details contained in this application are correct and that I/we have authority to commit to the following conditions.I/We agree to the application requirements stated above. If this application is successful, I/we agree to: complete the project as outlined in this application (or request permission in writing from the Coast Community Board for any significant change to the project), utilise funding within two years from the date of approval (failure will require applicant to reapply), return a project report within two months after the project is completed (failure may lead to further funding applications being declined), return any unspent funds, where applicable (e.g. where items are purchased) receipts and/or written quotes shall be provided to Council, acknowledge Coast Initiative Funding at event openings, presentations or performances, I understand that the Opotiki District Council is bound by the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987, I/we understand that my/our name and brief details about the project may be released to the media or appear in publicity material, I/we undertake that I/we have obtained the consent of all people involved to provide these details. I/we understand that I/we have the right to have access to this information. This consent is given in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.