Ōpōtiki District Council is a small and progressive council in New Zealand's stunning Eastern Bay of Plenty. We focus on helping to create a strong community with a strong future.
In a period of significant development and growth this could be your opportunity to join a dynamic team who focus on getting things done.
Reporting to the Engineering and Services Group Manager the Project Manager role is pivotal to the successful delivery of some 'game changer' major projects over the next few years.
Your extensive project management experience and qualifications in engineering or similar will give you an advantage to successfully manage some key projects in areas such as harbour structures, roading, 3 Waters as well as other functional council areas such as community facilities.
Understanding the inter-dependencies that exist, you will be a strong project leader and communicator, able to build successful relationships internally, and with external agencies and stakeholders including Iwi and hapū.
You will have:
- A tertiary qualification, preferably in engineering, project management or a closely related field
- A minimum of 5 years' significant project management experience
- A good knowledge of local government processes and protocols
- A working knowledge of relevant local government and environmental legislation
- A high level of computer literacy, and a current driver's licence
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Broad civil engineering skills and practical experience
- Commercial acumen and political awareness
You can view a copy of the position description here: Project Manager Position Description (PDF, 92KB)
You can apply online by clicking APPLY NOW below.
Applications close Monday 30 October at 4.00 pm.