- The opportunity to take that next important step in your career
- A challenging and varied role within Local Government
- Great lifestyle and recreational opportunities
- A proven track record in policy, planning and regulatory services in Local Government
- Excellent management and communication skills
- A strategic thinker
- An innovative decision maker
- Enjoy a challenge
- Civil Defence experience would be an advantage.
Opotiki is based in the Eastern side of the sunny Bay of Plenty. Steeped in culture, it's a district of diversity, ranging from beautiful coastal vistas, stunning beaches, secluded valleys and crystal clear mountain streams. Approximately forty minutes from Whakatāne, and two hours from Tauranga, Rotorua and Gisborne. Opotiki sits in a wonderful natural environment, close to the sparkling Pacific Ocean coast and bush-clad mountain ranges. You can experience world-class fishing, diving, hiking, mountain biking and a wealth of other activities. The pretty Waioeka and Otara rivers pass right through town, and are frequently paddled by kayakers.
You can view a copy of the position description here: Planning and Regulatory Manager position description (PDF, 20KB)
If you have any questions please contact Muriel Chamberlain, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Friday 26 May 2017 at 4pm.